Are you looking for the best FTP clients for WordPress in 2022? We’ve compiled a list that will make your task effortless.
If you are in the blogging or website scenario, you probably know what an FTP client is. For those who don’t, FTP or File Transfer Protocol clients help you to synchronize computer files to your blogs or websites.
This article lists 7 of the best FTP clients that allow you to upload, edit, or delete folders or files on your blogs or websites.
What is FTP client?
FTP clients act as a bridge between your hosting account and computer, allowing seamless connection for transferring files. FTP clients also help you fix WordPress errors and other common server problems.
You can connect your FTP client with your hosting account using your website credentials. Once you have a successful connection, you can synchronize your local storage with your hosting account.
1. UltraEdit – Best FTP Client
UltraEdit is an FTP program that offers maximum performance and usability. This file transfer client seamlessly integrates your computer with your hosting account using the UltraEdit environment. However, you can also use the standalone version to perform your tasks.
- Intuitive and user-friendly interface
- Easy-to-use controls
- Seamless integration between your hosting account and local storage
- You can work with files over 10GB
- Customizable user interface
- UltraEdit supports multiple platforms, including Linux, Windows, and Mac
2. GoodSync – Best reliable FTP tool
GoodSync is one of the best FTP clients that offer parallel threads to boost transfer speeds. This file transfer tool uses advanced encryption to protect your data and allows you to control bandwidth speed. Additionally, you can get real-time data about transfer operations and backups automatically.
- Real-time data transfer and backup
- Advanced encryption for file security
- The program allows parallel threads to boost transfer speeds
- You can use MD5 to compare files and control bandwidth speed
- The FTP program allows users to specify removable drives paths
- Automated scheduling without user input
- The program can detect removed or renamed files
- It provides reports and logs for better management
3. WinSCP – Best free FTP client
If you are looking for a free FTP client that offers tons of features, WinSCP is worth considering. This FTP client features a user-friendly interface that is easy to use and intuitive. You can perform multiple operations, including uploading, downloading, and editing, on this FTP program.
However, the WinSCP is only available on the Windows platform, limiting access to other operating systems.
- User-friendly interface with easy-to-use controls
- You can manage your connections and backup your transfers with minimal fuss
- WinSCP supports SSH, SFTP, and FTP transfer protocols
- You can assign default editors to handle files
- You can customize transfer settings according to your requirements
- Automated backups
- You can create queues for transferring files
- Multiple language support
4. Commander One – Best MAC client FTP
Commander One is among the best FTP clients for MAC users as it offers seamless synchronization between your local storage to your online server. You can upload, edit, or delete files using this software and establish several connections simultaneously.
- The program allows you to assign and change your FTP server to a local drive
- It supports Amazon Simple Storage Service account
- You can link multiple Dropbox accounts
- It supports advanced file encryption
- It comes with an inbuilt archive compressor
- You can establish connections with other computers running on the same network
- It supports Google sheets and docs
5. FileZilla – Best FTP client free
Online FTP clients fulfill the file-transferring requirements of more than 40% of bloggers as it offers a dedicated space for storage. FileZilla is one of the best free FTP clients that allow users to transfer data using the internet.
This FTP program features a user-friendly interface with the drag and drop feature. You can also search and filter filenames or transfer files from local storage to your hosting account.
- Synchronized library for easy access
- You can conduct a remote file search
- You can filter, edit, or delete files
- It supports multiple languages
- You can customize bandwidth or transfer speeds
- The program supports SSH, SFTP, and FTP transfer protocols
- It comes with a network configuration wizard
- You can customize or compare file directories
6. Core FTP – Best secure FTP program
Core FTP is one of the best secure FTP platforms that supports advanced security certificates to keep your data safe. Since data security is a top priority for every blog or website owner, this FTP program employs SSL and HTTPS encryption while transferring your files.
Core FTP features a user-friendly interface that allows users to locate remote files with ease. You can also use the drag and drop feature to transfer data between your local storage and hosting account.
- It employs advanced security measures, including HTTPS and SSL
- You can transfer data from multiple locations
- One-click transfer feature
- Automated backup and logging process
- You can use the browser integration feature to get better results
- You can assign folders and file permissions
- You can list file directories according to your requirements
- It supports multiple domains
- You can optimize bandwidth speed
7. FTP server software – Best FTP program for mobile devices
Although most blog and website owners use their desktops to manage their online platforms, more than 30% of users use their mobile devices as an alternative. If you are among the 30%, the FTP server software is one of the best you can get to manage your online presence.
This FTP program helps users to transfer files using their mobile devices. You can add, manage, or monitor your FTP processes to resolve errors without using a desktop.
- You can transfer multiple files
- User-friendly interface with easy-to-use controls
- You can customize file transfer permissions
- The program allows you to customize file transfer settings according to your requirements
FTP clients make your file transferring task effortless. Although finding a reliable FTP client can be challenging, it is not entirely impossible. Hopefully, our guide has helped you find the perfect FTP solution for all your needs.